4RK9s Open Workouts
Cost for each workout is $7/dog for non-club members, $5/dog for club members without a key and free for club members with a key. Members who do not have current shot records on file and non-members must bring a copy of their dog's current shot records to the workout.
These workouts are held on most of their scheduled days, always check the Calendar. They are also subject to scheduling and weather cancellations.
Agility Open Workouts
- Lou Ann O'Malley is coordinator. There is no instructor for the workouts but Lou Ann (and others) will be available to help with training issues or answer questions.
- 6:30-8:30 p.m. each Wednesday.
- Dogs must be working at Intermediate II level to participate.
- Dogs must have basic obedience skills: Come (recall), sit, down, stay and MUST be able to work off leash.
- Dogs must have had prior instruction in agility and be able to SAFELY complete the dog walk and A frame.
- Dogs must be able to complete at least a short sequence of obstacles.
Competition Obedience Open Workouts
- Susan Haupt is coordinator. There is no instructor for the workouts. Susan, Julie Burgin, Liz Drexler, Sue Medberry, Johnnette Ulch, Paula Warner, Michele Hartzler and Sheryl McCormick will alternate as your host.
- 6:00-8:00 pm each Monday (except Holidays and Club Meeting Nights, see the Calendar).
- Will close early if no one shows up by 7:15 during the cold, dark evenings.
- The 2016-2017 Winter Hiatus will begin December 26, 2016. Workouts will resume March 6, 2017. During the hiatus, the building may be available for obedience practice during the 6-8pm hours for members with keys and their guests. There will just not be a host opening the building. Check the Calendar.
- All levels are welcomed.
Structured Obedience Open Workouts
- Liz Drexler is the coordinator and instructor for the workouts.
- Each Thursday Structured Obedience Work out will begin at 9:30 a.m. and end at 10:30 a.m. Playground agility will start at 10:45 a.m. and end at 11:30 a.m.
- The session is a "drop in" session meaning that handlers may come at any time.
- Structured obedience workouts are for any handler and any dog at any level. It is helpful for dogs to have completed a basic home obedience class.
- The purpose of the sessions are to increase your dog's skills and to help the handlers with problems they are experiencing.
- Since Liz comes in from out of town, it is especially important to check here or with Liz (563-212-3552) during questionable weather.
- Johnnette Ulch is coordinator.
- 1:00pm-3:00pm each Sunday
- starting 11/29/15 through 3/27/16
- An informal gathering of handlers interested in continuing to work on their nosework skills. Dogs and handlers should have completed at least a beginner level class prior to attending the workout. Please contact Johnnette at click to send mail to be added to the list of individuals to receive information about the workout (i.e. cancellations, planned activities, etc.)